Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Online Love

Is it really possible to meet someone online and fall in love? This is the question that I asked myself many months ago when I met that special someone online in a chat board.

I was surfing the internet one day in May of 2007 and decided that i would register with a chat site to meet and chat with new people all over the world. I was off work on medical leave so I had extra time to surf the net while I recuperated. One day I met someone in a chat room by the name of Apollo..wowwww...he had the same name of the Greek god and this sparked my interest. We began to chat and I learned that he lived in Greece and he was interesting in meeting new people too. We began to chat and I was so intrigued by him that I could have chatted with him for hours. He was such a gentleman and so polite and we had a lot of the same interests. Well it was very late in Greece as we had 7 hour time difference. We chatted for aproximately 2 hours that first time and little did I know that we both would begin to fall in love over the next few months.
Ok, I still ask myself if I am dreaming and some of my friends think that I am crazy. How could I possibly fall in love with someone that lives in Greece. Someone that I have never met in person or touched...Hmmmmmmm...well it is possible and we have developed a strong and loving bond over the past 6 months. This blog will serve as my diary as to how our relationship developed. I will share my innermost thoughts and feelings each day as our relationship continues to grow..
For those people that think it is impossible to meet and fall in love online, then you will have the opportunity to continue this journey with me. Through my words, thoughts and feelings.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like this blog as i am in a similiar situation. Will continue to read your updates.

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you and Apollo as well...it is very nice and warm to feel positive feelings and i'm sure a learning experience as well.....i'll keep reading your blogs....Ww.....hugz

Anonymous said...

You have finally met someone to share your life with. It doesn't matter that it is online, but that he is a very thoughtful and romantic guy. He seems to be everything that you want in a guy and more. Keep love alive!!!

Anonymous said...

Hello sis, gues who?hahaha.You are right, this is your sis in law, lol, hey guys I miss you both like crazy. Today its my birthday and I'm thinking what's Jade and Apollo doing.I wish you both goodluck and I miss you so much.
Love you,
A.

Anonymous said...

Yes I think it's crazy to fall in love with someone u never met. And also that we have the right to be crazy and follow our heart. :) It's wonderful!
Love is different from sexual attraction. It's made of words, and you get to know people in such an intimate way by chat, that you would never do in real. Sometimes it still better than meeting in real cause u really open your heart. I'm happy for you both!
ciao from Italy ;) silvia

Anonymous said...

Hi there.First time drop by here.

I do believe that we can find love online. That already happened with some of my friends.

Anonymous said...

have you two met in real life yet? I am in the same kind of situation. it even involves GREECE and GREEK things... I was wondering if you met yet, or when you plan to meet, and how that goes.